Ackexian Order of the Lighthouse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bringing Light to the Darkest Reaches of Universe

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!

Go down 
+6
Blashnarg
Redd Phil
James Quirk
Joe East
Zekaradu
Firebabe
10 posters

Do you prefer to use this forum or the old forum that StarD made?
This one is much better :wub:
Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! Empty57%Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! Empty
 57% [ 4 ]
Meh, don't really care :mellow:
Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! Empty14%Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! Empty
 14% [ 1 ]
The old one was better :yarr:
Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! Empty29%Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! Empty
 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Firebabe
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 443
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! Empty
PostSubject: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 11:29 am

personally, and not just because i made this forum, i like this one better.
1. it loads faster, which is a big plus for me since i'm on dialup connection.
2. it has better options and it's more organized!

post your reasons why!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pardus.at
Zekaradu

Male
Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 5:53 pm

I have to live with, so I think my voting would be rather bias... :mellow:
Back to top Go down
Firebabe
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 10:28 pm

:dry:
Back to top Go down
Joe East

Number of posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 6:53 am

How safe do you think this forum is from going down like the old (old new) did? That would be a quite important point for me, I think.
Back to top Go down
James Quirk
Admin

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 6:54 am

The old one wasn't all that old :dry:
Back to top Go down
James Quirk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 6:55 am

Actually, the value of any forum is FB posting all this info about ships etc. :wub:
Back to top Go down
Firebabe
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 7:08 am

Back to top Go down
Redd Phil

Male
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 7:13 am

I like this one better, and also the fact that this site is protected better than the one Stard did.
Back to top Go down
Joe East

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 7:16 am

I think I would prefer this one, as it would be easy to recover even if it should happen to go down, and I think it's better that FB has designed it and understands it, rather than Stard, who's no longer a member and wasn't a senior even when he was a member. The "old new" forum was a pain to administrate some times, as all the seniors basically had to search through the Admin Panel to find the one particular mechanism we needed.
Back to top Go down
Firebabe
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 7:20 am

this one, it's much easier to manage, almost a breeze :wub:
Back to top Go down
James Quirk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:22 am

...except that my vote was stolen :yarr:
Back to top Go down
James Quirk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:23 am

...and my post count is lower than the amount of posts I made on this page alone :o
Back to top Go down
Redd Phil

Male
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 7:35 am

I also voted yes, but my vote was deleted.

I think in this case I'll make an Executive Decision here. ;) Let's keep this one...........:P
Back to top Go down
Joe East

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 8:11 am

I agree with Phil; let's keep this one. Too bad that Stard thus wasted a fair bit of his time when making the old forum, but when we can't trust it...

James, I think that your post count doesn't increase when you're double-posting. ;-P
Back to top Go down
Joe East

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 8:13 am

Ah, right. FB, I think you need to allow for post editing; otherwise you'll get a lot of double-posting.

If my theory is correct, my post count should remain at 7 when I post this. :ninja:
Back to top Go down
Joe East

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 8:14 am

Wha? It didn't. :o Then I don't know why the forum is ignoring you, James.
Back to top Go down
Zekaradu

Male
Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 8:54 am

The forum is like Joe when he does sibling rivalry... biased away from James :lol:
Back to top Go down
Firebabe
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 8:59 am

^_^ you guys are awesome!
Back to top Go down
James Quirk
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 9:11 am

FB :wub: this forum :wacko:
Back to top Go down
Blashnarg

Male
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 1:24 am

I also think this one is better.
Dial-up users unite! :lol:
Back to top Go down
Runt

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:27 am

It has problems which bug the hell out of me (such as more than half the time when I load a subforum, there's an entire page gap between the 'New Topic' button and the actual threads) and a few small inconviences/bugs (post count).

Also recall hearing Zek complain about it logging out or something while you're typing a long post, and I can see that I would absolutely hate that. If I lose a long bit of something that I've typed out, I don't usually bother re-typing it -_-

Overall, it's the only one we have right now, so it doesn't particularly matter anyway :P And if the bugs can/are worked out then it'll be pretty good ^_^
Back to top Go down
Rda
Admin
Rda

Male
Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:58 am

I'm just curious. Why did we ever create a new forum? The first forum was working great(I believe always did for me), and then all of a sudden Stard makes a new one. This results in ton's of info being transferred, and sadly that forum got gangbanged, and now we are here, but Overall it looks nice, and it handles well for me :D.
Back to top Go down
Firebabe
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 9:48 am

the first one was a very old and we needed an update
Back to top Go down
soulcrusher

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 3:02 pm

i think this one is hard to use compared to phpbb forums....
Back to top Go down
Firebabe
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 8:59 pm

... it is phpbb 3, not the same format as phpbb 2 of what everyone is use to
Back to top Go down
Firebabe
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 10:20 am

Runt wrote:
It has problems which bug the hell out of me (such as more than half the time when I load a subforum, there's an entire page gap between the 'New Topic' button and the actual threads) and a few small inconviences/bugs (post count).
I think those were Ads that were being blocked by either the forum or your browser.

Runt wrote:
Also recall hearing Zek complain about it logging out or something while you're typing a long post, and I can see that I would absolutely hate that. If I lose a long bit of something that I've typed out, I don't usually bother re-typing it -_-
When you log in and check the box to "Keep Me Logged In", it usually doesn't boot you. It booted Zek all the time though.
Back to top Go down
Spoonite

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:49 pm

Blashnarg wrote:
I also think this one is better.
Dial-up users unite! :lol:

OMG I've found three of you this year! :o

Who still DOES dialup?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!   Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here! Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you prefer this forum or the old forum? Vote here!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ackexian Order of the Lighthouse :: Rules, suggestions & update notices :: Suggestions, Comments and Complaints for forum-
Jump to: